Re: Compaq ProLiant 1600 server freezes when detecting keyboard controller

From: Tillman Hodgson <tillman_at_seekingfire.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2005 16:24:16 -0600
On Wed, Nov 30, 2005 at 10:12:30PM -0600, Tillman Hodgson wrote:
> The thread seemed to have died out so I thought I'd try to resurrect it
> -- I'm still unable to use newer kernel builds, and that's making using
> the pf userland a trifle difficult ;-)
>
> What would be helpful information to have to aid in troubleshooting
> this?

Follow-up for the archives, in case anyone else has a similar problem:

I found a winning combination. I set the "primary operating system" in
the SmartStart to "Other", built a kernel from brand new src that
*didn't* have IPSEC in it (not, FAST_IPSC, the older IPSEC).

That got me as far as the phantom USB controller hang which has been
discussed before. I then removed uhci from the kernel to fix that
particular problem and am now operating with a Dec 2 kernel and world
:-)

Thanks to those who gave me the hints needed to get this working,

-T

--
"I'd put a little Loctite on those handlebar fixing bolts if I were you."
Translation: The bolt can be unscrewed with a thumb and forefinger, which