Re: Brief Report: IBM/Lenovo z60t notebook with FreeBSD [new ath hal]

From: Sam Leffler <sam_at_errno.com>
Date: Sat, 03 Dec 2005 10:41:22 -0800
Robert Watson wrote:

> After chatting with Sam Leffler, and being a bit puzzled about the exact
> failure mode I was seeing, we concluded I should apply his most recent
> atheros and 802.11 patches, and update to the latest HAL.  Once I did
> this, all was well.  I don't know what Sam's plans for merging these is,
> but they're what you need.  I did not try the new HAL with the old
> 802.11 code and driver.

The new hal will not work with the existing code in cvs--that's why you
need the patches :)

I don't intend to commit this hal.  There's not been enough feedback and
it's already several months out of date (i.e. there are fixes that I
want to include in any new hal I commit).

That said, the hal is definitely an improvement over what's in cvs and
folks should see no regression from using it--so long as the also apply
the ath+net80211 patches.

	Sam