Re: HEADS UP: Release schedule for 2006

From: Spil Oss <spil.oss_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 10:08:04 +0100
As a FreeBSD-n00b with some 'friends' that know FreeBSD better/well I
can only say

Please add this kind of information to the Handbook

Any addition to the handbook on tracking down problems and smarter
ways to fix things would be greatly appreciated. I found myself
recompiling my kernel to test changes to a device's driver, but now
you tell me I could have done that a lot smarter!
Whenever I get my 'knickers-in-a-twist' when using FreeBSD my first
point of reference is 'The Handbook'. Any additional information in
there would greatly be appreciated.

Learning-curve is very, very steep when you're used to lslpp and
windowsupdate to patch your system. I _do_ appreciate that most
developers and users are very experienced in using FreeBSD, but that
makes it increasingly difficult for the not-so-fortunate to come up to
speed with the use of FreeBSD.

Spil.