Re: ATI on FreeBSD! FireGL Linux Driver Port (correction, clarification)

From: Chris Gilbert <Chris_at_lainos.org>
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2005 10:26:54 +0100
<obligatory>glxgears is not a benchmark!</obligatory>

In any case, there could be a lot of reasons for the slower glxgears
performance with the fglrx driver.

However, like I said before, the fglrx driver as of now has zero 3D
acceleration, so slow GL performance is to be expected.

Also in regards to fgl_glxgears not running, that is because it uses ATI
pbuffers, and the FreeBSD libGL builds we have do not currently support
these.

When/if ATI makes custom FreeBSD libGL builds that include these, fgl_glxgears
it will work the same as it's linux build.

Also, I am about to release a new minor revision of the drivers with some
fixed make rules and a preliminary FreeBSD port. (Port as in ports system)

Should have it up within the hour for everyone to test.