Re: sudo in basesystem (was: fetch extension - use local filename from content-disposition header)

From: Simon L. Nielsen <simon_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2005 11:29:38 +0100
On 2005.12.30 10:53:19 +0100, Andrea Campi wrote:
> I'd even go so far as suggesting sudo in the base system, since it's the
> first thing many people install from ports AND it's such a pain to upgrade
> using portupgrade...

Why is it a pain to upgrade using portupgrade?  I have been using sudo
for a while now, and I don't recall ever having had a problem
upgrading it.

For the arguments against (and for) having it in base system please
check the thread from the freebsd-security list about the topic in
July 2005 (thought that thread did have a lot of other "noise").

--
Simon L. Nielsen