Re: Cleanup for config(8)

From: Ruslan Ermilov <ru_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2005 18:34:46 +0200
On Fri, Dec 30, 2005 at 01:01:55AM -0500, Matt Emmerton wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've put together some patches to clean up some "loose ends" in the
> config(8) code.
> Detailed notes and patches are located here:
> http://www.gsicomp.on.ca/projects/freebsd/config.html
>
> Comments, criticisms and committers welcome.

I've committed first patch almost intact.

I've committed second patch with the following modifications
except style:

- finddev() and findopt() return a pointer; also use them in
  rmdev() and rmopt().

- didn't drop the "mandatory" directive; it's trivially
  implemented, someone may use it, and there's generally no
  sense in breaking API.

- didn't commit a bug: in mkmakefile.c, "goto nextparam" should
  always be called regardless of whether DEVDONE was already set
  or not.

Cheers,
--
Ruslan Ermilov