Re: fetch extension - use local filename from content-dispositionheader (new diff)

From: Martin Cracauer <cracauer_at_cons.org>
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2005 13:43:44 -0500
Dag-Erling Smørgrav wrote on Fri, Dec 30, 2005 at 07:38:17PM +0100:
> Martin Cracauer <cracauer_at_cons.org> writes:
> > When discussing, keep in mind that the user has to explicity give the
> > -O option (there is no environment variable to permanently turn this
> > on) and that the implications of the -O options are very clear and
> > simple.  And that the main use of this is for folks who have to go
> > through a gazillion of Bugzilla attachments all name
> > "customer-errlog.20051220" etc, and there is no other way to download
> > them in a name-preserving manner than interactively opening them in
> > Mozilla and saving them.
>
> Are you seriously saying that you find it easier to copy the URL to
> the clipboard and paste it into a terminal window than to just
> right-click the link and select "Save Link As"?

If you have dozens of them in a page, yepp.  If you have any kind of
robot, even just a grep from one HTML page, there is nothing else you
can do.

> > Before we randomize the list even more I would say I'd like to hear
> > from the security officer if there is concern left.
>
> It still hasn't occurred to you to ask the fetch maintainer, has it?
> He happens to think it's a terrible hack which breaks the libfetch API
> and leaks memory to boot.

It didn't leak and in any case the new patch uses a static buffer.

Maintainer says "notification requested".  If this thread isn't
notification I don't know what.

Please have a look at the new diff which I agree is more in the spirit
of the existing interface.

Martin
--
Martin Cracauer <cracauer_at_cons.org>   http://www.cons.org/cracauer/