Re: 5-STABLE to 6-CURRENT

From: Ryan Sommers <ryans_at_gamersimpact.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2005 08:27:56 -0600
Jonathan Fosburgh wrote:
> /usr/src/UPDATING doesn't seem too clear on this, and I can't find it in the
> mailing lists. What is the current procedure to upgrade from 5-STABLE to
> 6-CURRENT?

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/cutting-edge.html

Basically you'll do it the same way you do any upgrade. Just be sure
after you upgrade your source that you read UPDATING to find any major
issues. UPDATING doesn't really tell you /how/ it only points out major
changes that you should be aware of when you do upgrade.

Instead of checking out a RELENG_* branch you will check out the "HEAD"
branch.

--
Ryan Sommers
ryans_at_gamersimpact.com