Re: The case for FreeBSD

From: Roman Neuhauser <neuhauser_at_chello.cz>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 23:30:17 +0100
# scottl_at_freebsd.org / 2005-02-06 12:00:55 -0700:
> Diego Calleja wrote:
> In the firefox 1.0 release it has been
> >demonstrated that agressive "marketing" _matters_ even if you are not
> >a company.  Firefox is a great browser, but it would not have been as
> >succesful if there was not so much noise around it. What Freebsd
> >needs is to make more noise, documeting changes is good but it
> >doesn't really makes lot of noise.
>
> The Firefox comparison is actually very apt.  There are quite a few
> areas where Firefox is still inferior to the Mozilla Suite, but the team
> has done an _outstanding_ job of advertising Firefox for what it is.

    Am I the only one who thinks that anything that comes out of
    mozilla.org sucks proportionally to its distance from epoch?
    1.8a6 stole my backspace, for example (^H pops up a history window).
    Please don't go that route.

    (But I'll donate to a NYT ad if you want to have one.)