rwatson compendium (was: Re: FW: Call for comments: CoxR, a CVS/mail-lists/BTS)

From: Jeremie Le Hen <jeremie_at_le-hen.org>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 09:54:42 +0100
>     better yet, track rwatson's posts, spice them up with some docbook,
>     and submit them for inclusion in the handbook. most of the material
>     he produces *should* be part of the official documentation.

This is a great idea :-).  Every week we are granted with a few very
informative mails thanks to rwatson (I admit he is not the only one,
but he is the first one).  I think that some parts of this kind of
mails have their place in the handbook or the developper book indeed
but as usual, human resources are not sufficient to accomplish it.
I guess we cannot ask brueffer_at_ to make this work too as he is already
accomplishing a heavy documentation work ;-).

Maybe should FreeBSD create a kind a blog where such emails will be
pushed into.  This won't be as structured as the real documentation,
but this could be presented like a forum (think about Kerneltrap) where
folks would poll informations while drinking their mug in the morning.
OTHO we should be careful that this media does not supersede classical
documentation.

Regards,
--
Jeremie Le Hen