Re: cvsup

From: Chuck Robey <chuckr_at_chuckr.org>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2005 18:59:44 -0500 (EST)
On Sun, 13 Feb 2005, Michael Nottebrock wrote:

> On Saturday, 12. February 2005 23:47, Chuck Robey wrote:
>
> > Can someone tell me, I think it's the line that says "*default release="
> > that I would manipulate to get it to manage the entire archive, not just a
> > checked out image ... what's the phrase that would go there, please please
> > please?
>
> See /usr/share/examples/cvsup/cvs-supfile

You'd like that, wouldn't you?  Heck, *I* would have liked that, but it
doesn't seem to be true (unless some other error I'm committing is killing
me off).  The cvs-supfile tells me to set default release to cvs, but when
I tried that, it seems to be giving me a checked out cvcs image, not the
actual cvs archive I wanted.

I think here we have a communications problem, because I don't have a good
enough word for what I want.  I don't want a directory I can immeidately
begin to read, I want something  I can point the cvs executeable at, and
have it check out the directory for me.  I want the checkout (and all the
other commands) to have a strictly local effect.

That's not what the cs-supfile seems to be doing to me.  OTOH, if you tell
me that you're *sure* you got that right, then I'll believe you and begin
looking at the rest of my cvsup file.

I seem to remember hasving something like "." in the variable, but my
memory is a bit shaky on this.

Chuck Robey         | Interests include C & Java programming, FreeBSD,
chuckr_at_chuckr.org   | electronics, communications, and SF/Fantasy.

New Year's Resolution:  I will not sphroxify gullible people into looking up
fictitious words in the dictionary (on the wall at my old fraternity,
Signa Phi Nothing).