Re: cvsup

From: Michael Nottebrock <michaelnottebrock_at_gmx.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 01:14:48 +0100
On Sunday, 13. February 2005 00:59, Chuck Robey wrote:

> I think here we have a communications problem, because I don't have a good
> enough word for what I want.  I don't want a directory I can immeidately
> begin to read, I want something  I can point the cvs executeable at, and
> have it check out the directory for me.  I want the checkout (and all the
> other commands) to have a strictly local effect.
>
> That's not what the cs-supfile seems to be doing to me.  OTOH, if you tell
> me that you're *sure* you got that right, then I'll believe you and begin
> looking at the rest of my cvsup file.

Yes, I am sure. Try actually using the cvs-supfile from examples and just
modify the base directory (if you want it somewhere else than /home/ncvs).
IIRC, the cvs control files (and commit logs) are in the collection
cvsroot-all (or cvsroot-src/cvsroot-ports etc), so if you've been modifying a
cvsupfile for say, ports, you're probably missing them.

--
   ,_,   | Michael Nottebrock               | lofi_at_freebsd.org