Re: UPDATE: ATA mkIII first official patches - please test!

From: David O'Brien <obrien_at_FreeBSD.ORG>
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 23:40:51 +0000
On Wed, Feb 09, 2005 at 03:00:50PM +0100, S?ren Schmidt wrote:
> S?ren Schmidt wrote:
> New version that fixes known problems so far etc now available:
> http://people.freebsd.org/~sos/ata-mk3k.tar.gz
..
> As always, enjoy and let me know how it goes...

This does indead fix my panic that I reported to you.

I'd like to add a wishlist item, that is really needed for the sparc64
platform.  Currently hw.ata.ata_dma is a binary knob.  I'd like to see it
changed so that if the value isn't 0 or 1, then the value is taken to be
the fastest dma to use.  Values would be 2, 33, 66, 100, 133 (for
completeness).

My Sun Blade100 has an ATA66 controller, but other than the original disk
with Sun firmware, no other ATA66 capable disk will work in the machine
with either ATAng or ATA-mkIII unless I force the speed to udma33 or
slower.  FreeBSD doesn't currently have a good way to achieve this that
we can easily do for the installation CDROM.

--
-- David    (obrien_at_FreeBSD.org)