Sluggish USB mouse in -CURRENT

From: Jonathan Fosburgh <jonathan_at_fosburgh.org>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 09:28:01 -0600
I have a new Logitech LX700 cordless USB keyboard/mouse combo.  The keyboard
is working fine in either USB or PS/2, but the mouse is giving me issues.
When used on the USB port, regardless of if I am in X using the mouse
directly, or using moused, the mouse is very sluggish to respond.  That is,
it does not move smoothly, but rather is jerky and always feels behind where
I think it should be.  Also, clicking is difficult, I usually have to hold
the button an extremely long time.  If I connect to the PS/2 port the pointer
responds quickly, but it is detected as only a generic PS/2 mouse, and has no
wheel support.  I am running -current from yesterday.  Also, I am using an
older USB mouse at home on 5-STABLE (and 4-STABLE before that) without any
such issues. Any thoughts?
--
Jonathan Fosburgh
AIX and Storage Administrator