Re: AMD64 machine stability problem

From: Xin LI <delphij_at_frontfree.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 11:04:08 +0800
在 2005-02-20日的 17:29 -0800,Julian Elischer写道:
> run the command in X11 and then switch to console to await the crash
> that way you'll see if there is a messsage (or serial console I guess).
> A panic when X is running will not sto pbecause it assumes you can't look at it.
> so it just reboots.  (I haven't seen the code that does this but I've
> observed the behaviour).

Will it instantly reboot?  I think I have a 15 seconds' wait after the
boot, but the reboot happens immediately...

> could it be achieved by anything tha scrolls that amount of data?
> (e.g. catting a huge file?) if so it may just be bad thermal control
> as teh cpu is doing all that renderring.

Mine is not.  Sometimes it even instantly reboots right before my GNOME
shows its splash (it goes to graphics mode, and some application has
started, and subsequently, an instant reboot right before GNOME's splash
screen.  I assume that GNOME has done something that has bad interaction
with the display or something else, but really got no time and necessary
knowledge to track down this).

Cheers,
--
Xin LI <delphij delphij net>  http://www.delphij.net/