Re: 5.4 and USB keyboard support

From: Marian Hettwer <MH_at_kernel32.de>
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 15:26:48 +0100
Hej Martin,

Martin Nilsson wrote:

> Can we put this issue on the 5.4 todo so that it gets tested on more
> keyb/KVM/motherbord-BIOS combinations than I have here.

Just one question: Why do you use a KVM System to Access a Unix box
(FreeBSD) ? You could easily use serial access, even during installation.
If you're lucky your BIOS is new enough to support Redirection to Serial
Port.
If not, and if you don't need to access the BIOS, a serial console
server should fit much better into your environment.

Just some thoughts ...

best regards,
Marian

--