Re: netgraph(4) initialization order

From: Roman Kurakin <rik_at_cronyx.ru>
Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2005 13:34:58 +0300
Scott Long wrote:

> Roman Kurakin wrote:
>
>> Scott Long:

>>> Exactly what I had in mind =-)  Have you tested this out to make sure
>>> it fixes the problem cases?
>>

>> But this wouldn't save from the same problem it the future.
>>
>> rik
>>

> What same problem?  This ensures that the netgraph core gets initialized

As I understand this situation we could get the same problem for
any two modules if one depends on other and both of them have
the same load order. If we teach "kernel" modules to check for
dependences to sort modules of the same order this would solve
such problems. We may also think what to do with 'buggy' dependency
but this would be other step. At first we need to do this one.

I agree that NETGRAPH should be treated other way and
I don't object from patch that will solve this particular problem.
It should be applied not  only because this problem.
But I believe that we also should think about other possible
situations like this one.

rik