Re: MFC wishlist

From: Scott Long <scottl_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 10:37:02 -0700
Ivan Voras wrote:

> Steve Kargl wrote:

>>> This is observed in pre-5.3RELEASE CURRENT, but I thought Jeff has
>

>> I'm talking about 6-CURRENT.  My last kernel/world build is
>

> Are there plans for assigning more priority/resources on solving this?
> Maybe mark it as show-stopper for 5.4? (it's currently not even on the
> http://www.freebsd.org/releases/5.4R/todo.html list)

Assigning priorities and resources really is at the will of the
developers.  Very few are paid to do this work, and none are paid by
the release engineering or core groups.  The release engineers can
put items on the todo list in hopes that it will inspire others to
help.  Specifically for ULE, since it is not the default scheduler,
it will not be making the showstopper list for 5.4.  If someone would
like to step forward and work on ULE full time, that would be wonderful
and I'd highly encourage it.

Scott