Re: Intel SHG2 and ACPI problems.

From: John Baldwin <jhb_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 14:42:02 -0500
On Tuesday 11 January 2005 05:40 pm, Pawel Jakub Dawidek wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 11, 2005 at 02:16:06PM -0800, Nate Lawson wrote:
> +> Pawel Jakub Dawidek wrote:
> +> >I had problems with ACPI on Intel SHG2 motherboard.
> +> >I made a patch with works for me just fine. Could you, Nate, verify it
> +> >and commit if it is ok.
> +> >If you need some more info, just ask.
> +> >
> +> >	http://people.freebsd.org/~pjd/patches/acpi_pci_link.c.patch
> +>
> +> John mentioned that it appears the root problem is that _CRS is failing
> +> for you.  Can you send a dmesg from a broken boot (without your patch)?
>
> Here you go:
>
> 	http://people.freebsd.org/~pjd/misc/boot-v1.txt

Ok, this is a rather large patch as allowing for a b0rked _CRS required a good
bit of work.  I've only compile tested it and haven't run tested it so far,
so beware.  Note that it does include fixes for some bugs related to ExtIRQ
routing (I wrote the irq to the wrong resource structure :( ) and to parsing
the buffer we handed to _SRS (end pointer was wrong so I probably only ever
parsed the first resource, which is the common case, so this probably didn't
affect anyone).