Re: [PLEASE TEST] Many improvements to Synaptics support in psm(4)

From: Eric Kjeldergaard <kjelderg_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 23:32:20 -0600
> I just committed a patch to -current which greatly improves support in psm(4)
> for Synaptics touchpads.  Owners of these gadgets are encouraged to test this.
> If it turns out to work well, I'll enable support by default.
>
> For now, to get the new behaviour, you need to set hw.psm.synaptics_support=1
> in /boot/loader.conf.
>
> Please also fiddle with the stickiness sysctls.  The quest for finding perfect
> values is still on...
[snip]
>    o Add a number of sysctls allowing one to tune the driver to taste in
>      a simple way:
>
>        # Should the extra buttons act as axes or as middle button
>        hw.psm.synaptics.directional_scrolls

Well, trying to test this little setting here.  Seems like it would be
great to get horiz and vert scroll working, and since I saw this mail
message go through, I thought I'd help test.  Perhaps I'm doing
something really dumb, but I can't seem to get scrolling going on this
with the new psm at all.  I'm attaching my xorg.conf in case it's
something in there.  I've got the directional_scrolls variable set to
1.  The mouse works and the other settings have been acting exactly as
expected.  I've tried to get scrolling working both the way that's in
the xorg.conf and just "Buttons" "5", "ZAxisMapping" "4 5" which is
what I use with more "traditional" scrolling mice.  Any hints would be
much appreciated.  I can send any other information that is desired.

--
If I write a signature, my emails will appear more personalised.