Re: [PLEASE TEST] Many improvements to Synaptics support in psm(4)

From: Philip Paeps <philip_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 22:05:55 +0100
On 2005-01-18 23:32:20 (-0600), Eric Kjeldergaard <kjelderg_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> > I just committed a patch to -current which greatly improves support in
> > psm(4) for Synaptics touchpads.  Owners of these gadgets are encouraged to
> > test this.  If it turns out to work well, I'll enable support by default.
> >
> >        # Should the extra buttons act as axes or as middle button
> >        hw.psm.synaptics.directional_scrolls
>
> Well, trying to test this little setting here.  Seems like it would be great
> to get horiz and vert scroll working, and since I saw this mail message go
> through, I thought I'd help test.

Thanks :-)

> Perhaps I'm doing
> something really dumb, but I can't seem to get scrolling going on this
> with the new psm at all.

Do you actually have scroll buttons on your touchpad?  As in, some extra
buttons that don't appear to do anything?  Or are you trying the gesture bit,
tapping twice then holding?  I'm aware of the fact that the gesture isn't
working yet, and that there's some 'funny stuff' if you try to tap with more
than one finger.

Work on the gestures is ongoing and should be done Real Soon Now[tm].

If you have buttons that aren't working, it would be nice to know what psm
tells you when it's probing with a hint debug.psm.loglevel=2.  Particularly
the capa and info lines would be useful.

Thanks!

 - Philip

--
Philip Paeps                                    Please don't Cc me, I am
philip_at_freebsd.org                               subscribed to the list.

  Duncan: I've forgotten every thing I used to know about Z80 assembler.
  Ann: Congratulations you're cured.