Re: [PLEASE TEST] Many improvements to Synaptics support in psm(4)

From: Eric Kjeldergaard <kjelderg_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 21:26:48 -0600
> > Perhaps I'm doing
> > something really dumb, but I can't seem to get scrolling going on this
> > with the new psm at all.
>
> Do you actually have scroll buttons on your touchpad?  As in, some extra
> buttons that don't appear to do anything?  Or are you trying the gesture bit,
> tapping twice then holding?  I'm aware of the fact that the gesture isn't
> working yet, and that there's some 'funny stuff' if you try to tap with more
> than one finger.

Well, I fear misunderstanding may be the source of my problems.  I was
thinking of "edge scrolling" or whatever you choose to call it.
Scrolling by running my finger along the right or bottom edge of the
touchpad.  Not an external jog dial as I've seen, or even a
particularly split pad.  Is this just for the mice with external
dials?

--
If I write a signature, my emails will appear more personalised.