Re: [PLEASE TEST] Many improvements to Synaptics support in psm(4)

From: Philip Paeps <philip_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 15:12:27 +0100
On 2005-01-19 21:26:48 (-0600), Eric Kjeldergaard <kjelderg_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Perhaps I'm doing something really dumb, but I can't seem to get
> > > scrolling going on this with the new psm at all.
> >
> > Do you actually have scroll buttons on your touchpad?  As in, some extra
> > buttons that don't appear to do anything?  Or are you trying the gesture
> > bit, tapping twice then holding?  I'm aware of the fact that the gesture
> > isn't working yet, and that there's some 'funny stuff' if you try to tap
> > with more than one finger.
>
> Well, I fear misunderstanding may be the source of my problems.  I was
> thinking of "edge scrolling" or whatever you choose to call it.  Scrolling
> by running my finger along the right or bottom edge of the touchpad.

That's not implemented yet.  I have some patches in progress that implement
this (and the other gestures that are still missing), but there's not fit for
human consumption yet.  As soon as they are, they'll be committed :-)

 - Philip

--
Philip Paeps                                    Please don't Cc me, I am
philip_at_freebsd.org                               subscribed to the list.

  Some errors will always go unnoticed until the book
  is in print.