Re: WPA with ath

From: Sam Leffler <sam_at_errno.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2005 19:13:13 -0800
Bryan Bunch wrote:
> Sam,
>
> I appreciate you educating me on helping track down the problem. I
> checked the FW of the AP and it is the most recent.
>
> Below is the output of the debug. I have removed the date, time and
> other things at the beginning of the lines so that it will be more
> readable. None of it makes much sense to me since I'm no expert on
> this stuff. Thanks again.

[You turned on a bunch of tracing that isn't helpful...]

> [00:0c:41:f3:bd:a2] assoc success: long preamble, long slot time
> ieee80211_ref_node (ieee80211_send_mgmt:931) 00:0c:41:f3:bd:a2 refcnt 4
> [00:0c:41:f3:bd:a2] send station disassociate (reason 8)

This says the local station inititated the disassoc from the ap.  I
don't think that was what was happening in your previous log.  There's
nothing in your trace to indicate why.  This typically happens when the
interface is marked down.  But wpa_supplicant might also do this because
it didn't receive a response fast enough from the ap because of all the
debugging msgs you turned on.  If that's happening then you'll see it in
the log generated by wpa_supplicant.

	Sam