Re: Devd event from GEOM?

From: Warner Losh <imp_at_harmony.village.org>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 09:50:19 -0700 (MST)
> each abstraction layer can declare the events it knows about.  newbus
> announces "I found a route to a physical device", GEOM shouts "And I found
> some storage space on it", etc.

Actually, GEOM will announce all the layers as well, since it is an
onion sort of thing.  For the degenerate case of FAT on FLASH Stick,
it is easy, because you don't see the layers.  But I routinely plug in
CF cards that have FreeBSD file systems on them, as well as an
emergency DOS partition.  Those sort of cases make whatever
automounting daemon need to grow a lot of brains, and will have
multiple events.

Warner