We have a lot of duplicated code in the kernel

From: Alexander Leidinger <Alexander_at_Leidinger.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 16:10:22 +0100
Hi,

http://www.leidinger.net/FreeBSD/simian-20-sys-20050129.log (253k)
contains a log of duplicated code in /sys (-current as of today). The
file starts with files with 20 consecutive lines of duplicated code and
ends with two files which share 1108 lines of code.

If I let the program detect 6 consecutive lines of duplicated code, it
is also able to detect possible code reuse in the same file, but it also
prints a lot of "noise" then.

I've filtered the list for some false positives (twa_fwimg, trlld?m,
if_patm_rtables), if someone else notices some more files please tell me
about them and I add them to the filter.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
            It is easier to fix Unix than to live with NT.

http://www.Leidinger.net                       Alexander _at_ Leidinger.net