Re: BUS infrastructure problem

From: Roman Kurakin <rik_at_cronyx.ru>
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2005 20:05:31 +0400
Hi,

M. Warner Losh wrote:

>In message: <42C57523.4050302_at_cronyx.ru>
>            Roman Kurakin <rik_at_cronyx.ru> writes:
>:     I observe the followin strange behaviour with current: with some very
>: high probability after indentify callback I didn't get a probe callback. I
>: didn't find yet anything that could tell me why I see this. All function
>: return me that all operations was successful.
>:
>: PS. This driver is cx(4) and I am currently try to debug it in async mode
>: (I get strange panics while its work if I didn't get into situation with
>: probe()).
>:
>: Any ideas?
>
>I'll be happy to help you with this.

The last place I get to is the call of DEVICE_PROBE macro.
But I do not see the call of my function.
There is other thing, it seems that probability highly increases
if the system reboots after panic and needs filesystem check.

This is all information I have now. I use printf as a primary
debug technic so I need to think how to move farther.

Ideas?

rik