cannot get iwi to connect to open AP

From: Stijn Hoop <stijn_at_win.tue.nl>
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2005 21:52:50 +0200
Hi,

I'm trying to get my iwi adapter to work with my wireless AP, but of
course it isn't working.

The router is setup to only filter on MAC addresses. No WEP, no WPA,
nothing else. Yes this is insecure; I don't care right now :)

The router works. Other clients (MacOS X, Windows) can connect.

The card in my Dell works (it 'works in windows' (tm)). It connects,
so it's on the allowed clients lists of the AP.

I am using firmware 1.3, and -CURRENT from today (including Sam's
commits, ieee80211_input.c 1.60, if_iwi.c 1.7).

All I get from ifconfig iwi0 is 'no carrier' (see attachment). Trying
to start dhclient with 'ssid LZ111 DHCP' in /etc/rc.conf results in
the attached debug log (made with the 80211debug utility). The
'reset_scan' repeats continously, until I kill the firmware or reboot.

Can anyone point out to me what I'm doing wrong? Thanks!

--Stijn