Re: Attempting to make sk(4) work on Marvell 88E5053 (advise needed)

From: Bjoern A. Zeeb <bzeeb-lists_at_lists.zabbadoz.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 07:51:05 +0000 (UTC)
On Mon, 4 Jul 2005, Jia-Shiun Li wrote:

Hi,

> My (and probably many of yours) motherboard Asus P5GD1 PRO has Marvell
> 88E5053 on board, but currently there is no working driver for it, so
> I tried to modify sk(4) to make it work.
>
> I took a brief look at the syskonnect Linux driver v8.16, there seems
> no much differences among PCI and PCI-express chips, so I tried to
> fill missing identifiers to see if I am lucky enough. But the answer
> is no. :p

there are more differences than you'd expect. It's on TODO of some
people to write the new driver but mostly ENOSPECS and ENOTIME
problems.

> Attached is my attempt, and the result message is below. Looks like
> 300+ KB jumbo frame buffer is too much to allocate.

That's another problem with more drivers. I guess it'll succeed if
driver gets attached during boot.

> It would be very
> appreciated if any one can give some advises.

poke Marvell for the _specs_ so we can write a BSD licensed driver.
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2005-April/048265.html