Re: acpi battery rework patch

From: Marcin Jessa <lists_at_yazzy.org>
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2005 21:58:18 +0200
On Sun, 24 Jul 2005 12:47:13 +0900
Eric Kjeldergaard <kjelderg_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> On 7/24/05, Nate Lawson <nate_at_root.org> wrote:
> > Marcin Jessa wrote:

> > > Prolly because it's for 6.0, not 7.0
> >
> > Sorry, the problem was I left a file out of the diff.  I just committed
> > the patch so please just cvsup and test from 7-CURRENT.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > --
> > Nate
> >
> Excellent.  compiled and appears working.  It does however have
> different values than the old system for some of the sysctl variables.
>  I get
>
> hw.acpi.battery.life: 98
> hw.acpi.battery.time: 0
> hw.acpi.battery.state: 0
> hw.acpi.battery.units: 1
> hw.acpi.battery.info_expire: 5
>
> when plugged in.  But used to get time as -1 when plugged in and I
> think state may have been 1 when plugged in before (less sure about
> that than the time).  Thanks for the enormous amount of work your
> efforts are very much appreciated,
>
> Eric

Ditto, thanks a lot. It works well here too. I can now actually correctly see whether the lapper is connected to power or runs on battery.
Before the state change could not be detected.
What lacks is remining time which AFAIR worked before, now showing : hw.acpi.battery.time: -1
I don't miss it though since showing remining percentage is more than enough.
Thanks again for great work!

Marcin Jessa.