Re: wrong dirclust in msdosfs (Was: kgdb problem)

From: Jeremie Le Hen <jeremie_at_le-hen.org>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 17:07:47 +0200
Hi,

> P.S. The panic which I want to analyze is real. When I mount large (24G)
> msdosfs partition with a lot of files and run 'du' against it, I'm getting
> repeatable panic "wrong dirclust" (both HEAD and RELENG_6). Under
> 5.4-RELEASE and the same partition all goes OK. I've tried both to do
> "panic" from the kernel debugger and to turn off debugger_on_panic to skip
> debugger and just save the core. Resulting cores are identical in sense
> that I can't analyze them ;(

I get the "wrong dirclust" panic once, I have a small kgdb session
in this thread [1], this might help, although the panic was triggered
from mkdir(2).  Unfortunately, I don't have the dump anymore, it
consumes too much space to keep all unresolved panic dumps :(.

Regards,

[1] http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2005-June/051455.html
--
Jeremie Le Hen