Re: wpa_supplicant + NDIS (broadcom) + linksys WRT54G possible?

From: Doug Barton <dougb_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2005 00:02:25 -0700
Sam Leffler wrote:

> What "latest sources" did you use?  wpa_supplicant or the ndis driver?

-current. I already had the latest wpa_supplicant.

> Your log shows a completed handshake and both PTK and GTK plumbed so in
> theory traffic should flow.  You may not see the keys with ifconfig
> unless the ndis layer installs them in the net80211 data structures
> (don't recall what it does).

I tried this again, and even tried configuring the network by hand. Still no
packets were passed. Also, I tried this on a different AP, and it never
completed the WPA-PSK handshake, the log looked just like the first one I
published.

> You would probably better off setting up an ap where you can see what's
> happening on the ap side.  Since you have an ath card you could use that
> to test with (even in the same laptop).

I can try that, be a couple days before I get to it though. I'm hoping that
wpaul has an epiphany first, but if not, I'll see what I can do.

Thanks,

Doug