Re: [CFR] correct type of addrinfo.ai_addrlen and netent.n_net

From: Hajimu UMEMOTO <ume_at_mahoroba.org>
Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2005 21:44:03 +0900
Hi,

ume> In anyway, there is one more issue in my patch.  We cannot correct 1st
ume> argument of getnetbyaddr(3) without breaking ABI compatibility.
ume> Fortunately, getnetbyaddr(3) is not refered else where in our
ume> libraries.  So, I'll fix getnetbyaddr(3).

I've attached the patch to correct 1st argument of getnetbyaddr(3) in
this mail.  It is subset of my previous patch.  Since it breaks ABI
compatibility of getnetbyaddr(3), I think it is better to correct
n_net member of struct netent, too.  Since there is objection, the
patch leaves struct addrinfo as is.  So, it doesn't need to bump any
shlib major.  Is it okay?

Sincerely,

--
Hajimu UMEMOTO _at_ Internet Mutual Aid Society Yokohama, Japan
ume_at_mahoroba.org  ume_at_{,jp.}FreeBSD.org