Re: Intel ICH5 SATA150 memory mapping error on CURRENT

From: Emil Mikulic <emil_at_cs.rmit.edu.au>
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2005 19:16:36 +1000
On Wed, Jun 08, 2005 at 10:59:49AM +0200, Marcus von Appen wrote:
> I am receiving a memory mapping error on CURRENT (last built a few
> minutes ago) with the Intel ICH5 SATA150 controller and Intel 865
> chipset.

Ditto, on a Dell GX280 with an ICH6.

> Unfortunately I have no disk to attach to the SATA controller, so I can
> not investigate on this issue. (Because of this?) It seems to be a not
> so critical error, which does not harm the systems stability.

I only have one HDD and it's on the SATA controller and it seems to work
fine.  I'm not even seeing any performance degradation compared to
5.4-RELEASE which didn't have the "failed to enable memory mapping!"
warning.

> The complete dmesg log (verbose logging) can be found at
> http://sysfault.org/data/dmesg.output

Add mine to the mix:
http://goanna.cs.rmit.edu.au/~emil/dell/dmesg.bootv.txt

--Emil