Re: Resume with ACPI doesn't work on ThinkPad R50e

From: Marcin Jessa <lists_at_yazzy.org>
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2005 00:23:24 +0200
Hi Kevin, guys.

Thanks a lot, that helped!
Everything comes back after resume without any problem.
Network (iwi and fx drivers), USB...
Even X is fine and I do not need to switch to console to bring it back.
I tried suspend/resume 3 times and it worked like a charm each and every time.

I added acpi_video_load="YES" to loader.conf
and
hw.acpi.reset_video=0
hw.syscons.sc_no_suspend_vtswitch=1
to sysctl.conf

I noticed after resume dmesg spits out:

acpi: suspend request ignored (not ready yet)
wakeup from sleeping state (slept 00:00:19)

Now even powerd works great automatically adjusting the speed of my CPU when idle on battery.

The only thing that does not work properly is when hw.acpi.lid_switch_state=S3.
It goes to sleep mode when I close the lid but X restarts after resume. I can live with that tho.

Thanks again Kevin, you made my day!