Re: [current tinderbox] failure on ...all...

From: Joseph Koshy <joseph.koshy_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 14:23:21 +0530
> The warning is correct.  Two identical types with different
> not the same type unless one is a direct or indirect typedef
> for the other.

You are right.  I was under the impression that the
C type system based on structural equivalence.

> It also seems strange to me that you on the one hand
> introduce a new struct to separate MD and MI interfaces,
> and on the other hand continue to assume that they are
> assignment-compatible.

I'd be very surprised if two C structures with identical
definitions were not assignment compatible.  The code in
question would have changed (to something like what it is now)
had the MD struct changed in the future.

--
FreeBSD Volunteer,     http://people.freebsd.org/~jkoshy