Re: Accessing SCSI-Devices >2TB

From: Raphael H. Becker <rabe_at_p-i-n.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 16:28:14 +0200
Hi all,

thank you for the hints about debugging.

( I think this should go over to freebsd-scsi_at_. I've archived
the thread on -current in
http://rabe.uugrn.org/temp/FreeBSD/bigraid/RAID_2TB.mbox.gz )

I've done some testing.

First was to boot another OS with the RAID in two equal partitions, I
tried with knoppix 3.9 (Linux 2.6.11):
http://rabe.uugrn.org/temp/FreeBSD/bigraid/dmesg.knoppix_partition.txt

... and with the RAID configuread as one big drive:
http://rabe.uugrn.org/temp/FreeBSD/bigraid/dmesg.knoppix_onebig.txt

and here the relevant diffs:
http://rabe.uugrn.org/temp/FreeBSD/bigraid/dmesg.knoppix_diff.txt

Second I rebooted FreeBSD with CAMDEBUG in kernel and enabled it via
"camcontrol debug ..." and did a "camcontrol rescan 1" then:
http://rabe.uugrn.org/temp/FreeBSD/bigraid/freebsd54_camdebug.txt

A complete dmesg.boot of 5.4 can be found under
http://rabe.uugrn.org/temp/FreeBSD/bigraid/dmesg.freebsd54_onebig.txt

I will have to try a SuSE Linux Live System where this should work
according to the support of the RAID.

The workaround (2 partitions mapped to two LUNs and merged into a RAID
in FreeBSD) might work. I have some days for playing around with the
RAID before I need to set it in production.

Any idea, whats wrong with it?

Regards
Raphael Becker