Re: HEADSUP: OpenBSD dhclient incoming

From: David Wolfskill <david_at_catwhisker.org>
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 14:04:04 -0700
On Thu, Jun 16, 2005 at 01:50:33PM -0700, Brooks Davis wrote:

> Agreed.  There's actually some demand for a default for wired interfaces
> as well.  If nothing else I know the EmuLab people would like one
> so they didn't have to use their own scripts to configure all the
> interfaces.  I've thought about it a bit.  I'm leaning towards a
> default_ifconfig variable plus a new magic ifconfig_<if> option NONE to
> cause the default option not to be used.

>From the perspective that NIC-specific variables are of the form
"ifconfig_${NIC}" (e.g., ifconfig_lo0; ifconfig_ed0; ifconfig_xl0),
might it make at least as much sense to call it "ifconfig_default" (or
something similar)?

Peace,
david
--
David H. Wolfskill				david_at_catwhisker.org
Any given sequence of letters is a misspelling of a great many English words.

See http://www.catwhisker.org/~david/publickey.gpg for public key.