Re: New dhclient broke multiple domains in domain-name

From: John Baldwin <jhb_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 11:42:33 -0400
On Thursday 16 June 2005 02:50 pm, Brooks Davis wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 16, 2005 at 01:12:51PM -0400, John Baldwin wrote:
> > I'd very much like the old behavior restored if possible, or an
> > alternative way to achieve the same result (multiple domains in the
> > 'search' part of /etc/resolv.conf).  Note that the old domain-name trick
> > has worked all the way back to at least 4.1 and maybe even back in the
> > 3.x days IIRC.
>
> I know about the issue and plan to fix it before release, but will not
> get to it for another week.  This is a really annoying feature because
> it's widely supported, but clearly invalid based on reading the DHCP
> spec.  It's a bug that isc-dhcpd sends domain-name with spaces in it
> since it violates the strict send, lenient accept rule.

Note that the new dhclient binary is now violating the rule as well since it's
not being lenient. :)  At the very least, it could just throw out the
domain-name and keep the rest of the lease rather than rejecting the entire
lease offer.  I've worked around it for now though and can wait a week or two
to see what you come up with.