Current amd64, "nve0: device timeout" with nForce4 ethernet

From: Paul Richards <paul.richards_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2005 22:31:21 +0100
Hi,
With CURRENT (checked out earlier this evening) on amd64 I cannot get
my nForce4 ethernet adaptor to work.  The module automatically loads
but I get messages of the form "nve0: device timeout(..)" when I
attempt to use the interface.

This is exactly the same problem that RELEASE 5.4 had using the nvlan
port on my system.  I upgraded to current as I was told that the
integrated nve driver in 6.0 was more up to date than the nvlan port.

Does anyone have nForce4 ethernet working with any version of FreeBSD
on amd64?  Is this something to do with my particular nForce4 chipset
or is the nForce4 ethernet generally unsupported at this time?

Thanks,

--
Paul Richards