Re: NDISulator problem

From: Evan Dower <evantd_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2005 22:50:49 -0700
I am reminded of Sun, Jun 19, 2005 at 11:10:27PM -0500 when Bryan Maynard said:
> I followed the steps listed <a
> href="http://www.xl0.org/FreeBSD/ndis.txt">here</a> and got this message
> when
> compiling the ndis code (step 2):
>
> Warning: Object directory not changed from original
> /usr/src/sys/modules/ndis
>
> Everything seems to compile and install fine except for that error. I
> complete
> the rest of the steps and try to kldload ndis and if_ndis. However,
> once I load
> ndis I get this:
>
> kldload: can't load if_ndis:File exists
>
> Also, I can't ifconfig the ndis0 device because I get an error telling me it
> doesn't exist. Once ndis is loaded via kldload, I cannot unload it. I get a
> "Device busy" error. I get this error whether the card is plugged in or not.
>
> After loading ndis if I plug my WPC11 card in I get:
>
> cardbus1: <network, ethernet> at device 0.0 (no driver attached)
>
> I am running 5.4 with the GENERIC kernel.
>
> I am completely stumped. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Bryan

This seems related to a post I made to the -stable list earlier
today. You might want to watch that thread ("ndis no longer detects
netgear wg311v2") as well, since an answer to that question would
probably be useful to your situation too. I belive my card is based on
the TI ACX110 (or something like that), and I suspect yours is too,
but you might want to check that out, since it could be helpful in
diagnosing the problem.

Good luck,
--
Evan Dower