Re: Replace /rescue/vi with mined(1) from DragonFlyBSD

From: Thomas Dickey <dickey_at_radix.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 05:39:47 -0400
On Sun, Jun 19, 2005 at 10:43:11PM -0700, Matthew Dillon wrote:
>     Kinda silly to have a war over a 37 KB static binary.

;-)

>     As far as cons25 vs vt100 ... both accept basic ANSI escape sequences
>     and that is what the editor outputs.  The escape sequences generated
>     when you hit, e.g. function keys, are sufficiently different that I
>     simply modified the editor to recognizes BOTH sets (which it almost did
>     already).

I was looking at the scrolling.  Had not noticed this before, but at some point
since the terminfo for cons25 was written, the corresponding code was modified
to accept the vt100 scrolling control (which by the way is not part of
ISO-6429).  The terminfo entry in ncurses uses the analogous SU/SD sequences
which are in ISO-6429.  Scrolling regions also aren't part of ISO-6429 - one of
those odd things that you should be aware of.

(I don't have a copy of the older ANSI spec, but since it was withdrawn several
years ago, there's no point in discussing which features from it might not be
part of ISL-6429).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net