Re: Getting WPA to work on ath(4)

From: Wilko Bulte <wb_at_freebie.xs4all.nl>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 22:24:16 +0200
On Wed, Jun 22, 2005 at 07:51:01AM +0800, Tai-hwa Liang wrote..
> On Tue, 21 Jun 2005, Wilko Bulte wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >Today I decided to spend some time getting WPA to work

> >Disconnect event - remove keys     <--- why is this?
> >
> >This process repeats itself over and over.
> >
> >Am I missing something obvious?
>
>   Did you enable WME on the AP?  I remembered that AP would deauth. your

My AP does not have such a selection option.

The situation seems to have improved now that I have enabled SSID
broadcasting on my AP, and at the same time removed the

scan_ssid=1

from my wpa_supplicant.conf

> client if MIC errors are detected in your frames. Disable WME on both side
> might help(or to replace your TKIP group key with CCMP).
>
>   If that still doesn't work, try to turn more debugging message on with:
>
> 	80211debug +debug +crypto +auth

Is this a seperate tool I need to get from somewhere?

>   Next time you're disconnected, dmesg may have something like:
> .
> .
> [MAC of AP] send station deauthenticate (reason X)
> [MAC of AP] send deauth on channel Y
> .
> .
>
> Cheers,