Re: Getting WPA to work on ath(4)

From: James Snow <snow_at_teardrop.org>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 16:43:25 -0400
On Thu, Jun 23, 2005 at 10:24:16PM +0200, Wilko Bulte wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 22, 2005 at 07:51:01AM +0800, Tai-hwa Liang wrote..
> >
> >   Did you enable WME on the AP?  I remembered that AP would deauth. your

I also had to disable WME on my ath(4) interface to get the AP to stop
freaking out.

> My AP does not have such a selection option.

Don't know if mine did or not, but I only had to disable it on the
ath(4) interface to solve my problem.

> The situation seems to have improved now that I have enabled SSID
> broadcasting on my AP, and at the same time removed the
>
> scan_ssid=1
>
> from my wpa_supplicant.conf

I also had to enable SSID broadcasting on my AP to get this setup to
work. I didn't leave scan_ssid=1 in my .conf file, so I don't know what
effect it had.

> >   If that still doesn't work, try to turn more debugging message on with:
> >
> > 	80211debug +debug +crypto +auth
>
> Is this a seperate tool I need to get from somewhere?

It's in /usr/src/tools/tools/ath. It's been very useful for me.

You might also try 'ifconfig ath0 list scan' while wpa_supplicant is
running and with SSID broadcasting turned _off_ on the AP. I'd be
curious to see if you have the same problem that I had. (An empty SSID
string.)

Hope that helps.

-Snow