Re: Portupgrade, -CURRENT & SMP

From: Sean <rsh.lists_at_comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 20:55:19 -0400
Scott Long wrote:

>> Which, yes, is quite annoying and, IMHO, is a pretty critical bug that
>> needs fixing.  It makes SMP on -CURRENT nearly unusable if you want to
>> regularly update your ports.
>>
>> Adam
>>

> Well, you can disable SMP at boot via
>
> set hw.apic.0.disable=1
>
> But yes, it's some sort of a bug and it needs to be fixed.  I'll track
> the PR.
>
> Scott

Scott,

I checked and doing several searches through the sysctl options do not
see any such option as you list above, > set hw.apic.0.disable=1

I am running amd64, is this perhaps just an option for i386?
I do see a kern.smp.disabled: 0, would this instead be for amd64?

Exactly how on boot do I break in to enter this option?
Or do I set it, then boot?
Then afterwards reset then boot again?

			Thanks
			Sean