Re: Reproducible Panic with port iplog

From: Mike Jakubik <mikej_at_rogers.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 21:19:39 -0500 (EST)
Jeremie Le Hen said:
> Hi Mike,
>
>> It seems that the port iplog, causes a panic when it is stopped. Oddly
>> enough it works fine when running. Below is the information i gathered,
>> dont know what commands to feed the debugger to provide useful info, so
>> instructions are welcome. I have also defined dumpdev in rc.conf and
>> makeoptions DEBUG=-g" in kernel, but the system does not dump. I dont
>> understand why, even dmesg reports its setup.
>
> Would you please tell us which version of FreeBSD you are using, either
> RELENG_5 or CURRENT.  I guess it's CURRENT, but it's better asking.
>
> Your kernel configuration file could be useful too.

Yes, its -current. I've ran fbsd on this machine for a few years now, and
since my last cvsup/buildword (about 2 months ago) there has been no
problems with it. It runs samba, imap, apache, mysql, php, etc... So it
gets fairly decent usage.

---

machine         i386
cpu             I686_CPU
ident           DP

options         SCHED_4BSD              # 4BSD scheduler
options         PREEMPTION              # Enable kernel thread preemption
options         INET                    # InterNETworking
options         FFS                     # Berkeley Fast Filesystem
options         SOFTUPDATES             # Enable FFS soft updates support
options         UFS_DIRHASH             # Improve performance on big
directories
options         COMPAT_43               # Compatible with BSD 4.3 [KEEP
THIS!]

options         COMPAT_FREEBSD4         # Compatible with FreeBSD4

options         SYSVSHM                 # SYSV-style shared memory
options         SYSVMSG                 # SYSV-style message queues
options         SYSVSEM                 # SYSV-style semaphores
options         _KPOSIX_PRIORITY_SCHEDULING # POSIX P1003_1B real-time
extensions
options         KBD_INSTALL_CDEV        # install a CDEV entry in /dev
options         ADAPTIVE_GIANT          # Giant mutex is adaptive.

# Bus support.  Do not remove isa, even if you have no isa slots
device          isa
device          pci

# Floppy drives
device          fdc

# ATA and ATAPI devices
device          ata
device          atadisk         # ATA disk drives
options         ATA_STATIC_ID   # Static device numbering

# atkbdc0 controls both the keyboard and the PS/2 mouse
device          atkbdc          # AT keyboard controller
device          atkbd           # AT keyboard

device          vga             # VGA video card driver

# syscons is the default console driver, resembling an SCO console
device          sc

device          agp             # support several AGP chipsets

# Floating point support - do not disable.
device          npx

# Serial (COM) ports
device          sio             # 8250, 16[45]50 based serial ports

# Parallel port
device          ppc
device          ppbus           # Parallel port bus (required)
device          lpt             # Printer

# PCI Ethernet NICs.
device          em              # Intel PRO/1000 adapter Gigabit Ethernet
Card

# PCI Ethernet NICs that use the common MII bus controller code.
# NOTE: Be sure to keep the 'device miibus' line in order to use these NICs!
device          miibus          # MII bus support
device          fxp             # Intel EtherExpress PRO/100B (82557, 82558)
device          xl              # 3Com 3c90x (``Boomerang'', ``Cyclone'')

# Pseudo devices.
device          loop            # Network loopback
device          mem             # Memory and kernel memory devices
device          io              # I/O device
device          random          # Entropy device
device          ether           # Ethernet support
device          pty             # Pseudo-ttys (telnet etc)
device          bpf             # Berkeley packet filter

# USB support
device          uhci            # UHCI PCI->USB interface
device          ohci            # OHCI PCI->USB interface
device          usb             # USB Bus (required)

device          pf
options         ALTQ
options         ALTQ_PRIQ

# Debugging