Re: sangoma T1 drivers.

From: Eric A. Griff <setjmp_at_charter.net> <setjmp_at_charter.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 18:27:49 -0500
----- Original Message -----

> John:
>
> >I have a project i've been working in which we need a T1 nic for a
FreeBSD box.
> >We found out about Sangoma through soekris. They have FreeBSD drivers for
4.x
> >and 5.x. I asked if they had any problems with these drivers being
distributed
> >with any of the Open Src operating system out there and they said its
already
> >part of OpenBSD. Which leads me to my question :). Is anyone working on
> >integrating there drivers into FreeBSD? The drivers are called "wanpipe".
> >
> >If anyone would like to play around with the drivers here the url.
> >
> >ftp://ftp.sangoma.com/FreeBSD/current_wanpipe/wanpipe-fbsd-2.7.5-13.tgz
> >Again this is a FreeBSD package. It has a setup script that will walk you
> >through the initial config and recompile of your kernel.
> >
> >I also have a contact at Sangoma should anyone want to discuss this with
> >Sangoma.
> >
> They should find a commiter who will want to work with Sangoma on this
> matter and
> who have an access to sangoma card (Sangoma may donate card for this
> purpose).
>
> >... maybe even part of 5.4? ... :)
> >
> I doubt ;-)
>
> rik

rik,

    That sounds great.. Administration at Sangoma is pretty accessible too.
And somewhat technically smart as well. I believe the guy I always contacted
at that level was ... David Mandelstein or something like that.

    Man, part of the base would be great too. I always wonder why I never
see it in there. Unfortunately I haven't found anything that gets me setting
up those in a couple years now, though always look forward to it. Might be
able to provide some testing too.. Please let me know if activity happens in
that area, as I might be moving more into routers too (and more Sangoma
cards again too :) ), and would gladly help in that area if it's what I'm
working in at that moment (Do what I have to survive).

    Have a great day!

Sincerely,
Eric A. Griff
438 N. Vance Dr