Re: IPFILTER Branch [was: Re: [current tinderbox] failure on powerpc/powerpc]

From: Giorgos Keramidas <keramida_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Sat, 7 May 2005 22:24:48 +0300
On 2005-05-07 10:30, Peter Schultz <pmes_at_bis.midco.net> wrote:
> Darren is on holiday, so you will not be getting a veto anytime soon.

Not really.  That was a joke (but I fell for it too)!

> As an aside, Darren is so notorious for breaking the build, I don't
> know why anyone bothers complaining anymore.  I'm beginning to think
> he does it just to get under people's skin.  Either take away his
> privileges or accept that he will be breaking the build.

Darren maintains IP Filter on a lot of platforms *AND* has a real dayjob
to work for.  You're right about him having broken the build a few
times, but that's not the end of the world.  He is making an effort to
fix what gets broken, after all.

Let's not overreact, shall we? :-)

As far as a branch is concerned, please *NO*!  Anyone who wishes to maintain a
separate IP Filter spinoff of CURRENT can do it using his own disk space and
CVS repository (or Perforce branch, if you prefer).

- Giorgos