ata1 (acd) problems still persisting (amd64/nForce3)

From: Conrad J. Sabatier <conrads_at_cox.net>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 22:49:50 -0500
I'm still seeing the same behavior with my most recent kernel, i.e., the
DVD writer on ata1-master is still not being configured, and the CD-ROM
on ata1-slave is being configured as acd0.

I would have reported this sooner (this kernel is from Tuesday
morning), but I ran into the loader panic problem that's been reported
in the current list by other amd64 users, and only just tonight
finally remedied the problem of being completely unable to boot the
system.

Again, the last revision that enabled both devices to work properly was
2005/4/29.

I'm open to any suggestions as to what you'd like me to try,
and what information you'd like me to forward on to you.

Thanks,

Conrad

--
Conrad J. Sabatier <conrads_at_cox.net> -- "In Unix veritas"