Re: kernel.old not used any longer?

From: Steve Ames <steve_at_virtual-voodoo.com>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 10:02:33 -0500
Where you attempting to install the kernel into the same directory as the
running kernel? That seems to be the condition to match. Previously if
DESTDIR was set to / then it wouldn't do a kernel.old properly because the
directory of the running kernel wouldn't match. ru_at_ fixed that. If DESTDIR
is set to something other than / I wouldn't expect kernel.old to be created.